The global fashion industry has an enormous social impact and ecological footprint. Many of us don’t understand how the clothes we wear every day affects the world around us.
Upon completing this 4-week course by Fashion Revolution, you’ll be empowered with new knowledge and ideas to contribute towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through your own wardrobe.
- How the fashion industry works, how we interact with it and the impacts it has on people and planet
- The Sustainable Development Goals and how they relate to the clothes we wear
- Fair Trade/Ethical trade and why it is essential to international development
and human rights
- Global fashion supply chains, how they work and how they can have a more positive impact on people and planet
- Gender equality, women’s empowerment and how it links to the clothes we wear
- Decent work and economic growth, what
this means in the global fashion industry and what we can do to support good working conditions
- The environmental impacts of the clothes we wear and how we can support better conservation and protection of the planet and its natural resources
Course DetailsGo to Course
Course Provider: Coursera
Duration: Estimated 4 weeks (3 hours per week), self-paced
Certification Scheme : Optional upgrade for certificate is available with specific payment